Sunday, October 15, 2006

Cone


It's slow and I have nothing to say today. The Tigers are in the Series. Good for them. This photo makes me happy, and helps me forget the depths that our pitching staff has sunk to in recent times. Coney was one of my all-time favorites and the perfect game was genuinely one of my happiest moments as a Yankee fan. I'll write a piece on Cone later in the off-season, but for today I thought this would do us all some good.

Cone's ERA+ as a Yankee:

1995: 120 (in 13 games)
1996: 176 (in 11 games)
1997: 158
1998: 126
1999: 130
2000: _73

We miss ya' Coney.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the happy memories this picture and post evoke -- you're right, we needed this right about now. In some ways, seeing Detroit dismantle Oakland at least doesn't make our team's loss look quite so bad. . . and there's always next year.

Anonymous said...

Hey Coney, why don't YOU have a dance?

-pistolpete