Monday, March 12, 2007

Round One

Oooooh. I hate losing to the Red Sox. I don't care if it's Spring Training. It burns. I'm going to try to look on the bright side of things though. That way I will keep this game in perspective. Yeah. That seems like a good idea. So, nothing negative. Only positive. Here we go. Phew.

1. Carl Pavano pitched. That's good. He took the mound. 2 runs and 5 baserunners in 3 innings. Meh. Not bad. Keep taking the hill big fella.

2. Hideki Matsui was 2-4 and is now hitting .320 in Spring Training. Like Steve Lombardi over at Was Watching, I think Godzilla is in for his best season. I'll have more on that in my AL East Preview sometime in a week or two. In the meantime, he posed for pictures with Daisuke and Okaji. Where was Igawa? There's no picture without Iggy!

3. The Pratt/Davis platoon went 2-4 with a run and an RBI. Can anyone say Javy Lopez? Apparently, neither can the Rockies. Ouch.

4. As the perpetually annoying Ahmad Rashad would say, "My main man Josh Phelps continued to tear it up." (Was that too negative? Sorry.) Phelps went 2-4 with 2 RBIs and is at .420 on the Spring. Sweet. Keep him.

5. Former Mets minor league infielder Chris Basak had a couple of hits and is at .444 for Spring Training.

6. Free Colter Bean.

7. Andy Pettitte is ready to go. Just keep him on the hot plate in Tampa until they all head North. Bring Rocket with him.

That's all. The rest isn't all that nice, so I'll stick to my Johnny Damon grin after writing the info above. Gotta stay sexy.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Hey Mike, I just got BP the other day and I don't understand why Matsui's projected numbers are so low. Is that because they factor in that he was injured last year in their projection?