Thursday, April 19, 2007

Fantastic Ten

Pitching to Alex Rodriguez these days spells Doom. I woke up at around 5am Japan time for a bathroom visit and decided to check the Gameday that I left running on my laptop for just such an occasion. It was 5-2 Indians late in the game, and I stayed to "watch" Sean Henn give up a run on THE THIRD BASEMAN!!!'s error. 6-2 Indians going to the bottom of the ninth. It would be Cano, Phelps, and Posada. I thought to myself, "Well, if they could get a rally going I suppose it could make it back to Damon. Jeter, and Abreu, but it would take a minor miracle to see the Yankees reach A-Rod."

With that silly little mistake, I went back to bed. I just arrived a few hours later, ready to leave for work, and saw what happened. Unreal. That you God for making Alex Rodriguez a Yankee. 10 home runs so far is amazing, but 25 RBIs is one fifth of a season's work for A-Rod in basically 3 weeks. What lies ahead will be interesting to watch. Beware the wrath of Doom.

2 comments:

ChrisV82 said...

After seeing some amazing comebacks (thinking of that one against the Padres), I've learned never to count this team out. Once Jeter came up to bat, I was thinking, "Oh man, they could really pull this off." Then when ARod came out, I was hoping he wouldn't strike out, and watching him jack it out of the park, the only appropriate description is unreal.

I know he can't knock in 200 RBI this year, but I really hope he has another MVP year. There needs to be a lot of crow eaten in NYC.

Jerry said...

cheap wedding gowns,
discount bridal gowns,
China wedding dresses,
discount designer wedding dresses,
China wedding online store,
plus size wedding dresses,
cheap informal wedding dresses,
junior bridesmaid dresses,
cheap bridesmaid dresses,
maternity bridesmaid dresses,
discount flower girl gowns,
cheap prom dresses,
party dresses,
evening dresses,
mother of the bride dresses,
special occasion dresses,
cheap quinceanera dresses,
hot red wedding dresses